I signed up for home security w/a company called Pinnacle. Since that time, my home security has been sold twice (after Pinnacle).

I am currently w/Safe Security and have nothing good to say. First, why is it I am not notified prior to the sale. Don't I have a say? I chose Pinnacle, I was forced to remain with the next two companies.

I was told my system wiring/cables were outdated and needed updating after I called to say my system didn't seem to be working properly. When the rep came to update, I was told that I would be on a two year contract. Well, kinda late since they came and replaced the wiring/cables and THEN told me about my automatic renewal. Secondly, each of the 3 companies have always been more expensive than any of my friends who have different services.

We've compared notes re: security services provided and we have the same, yet mine is more expensive! Recently, I was dog sitting for friends and forgot (my fault) to disarm my "stay" alarm. I went out the door and returned 10 minutes later only to find out the inside alarm was blaring! I immediately called Safe since it appeared they hadn't called me.

I explained and asked them to hopefully cancel the police. Her response was, "Oh, that's okay, we haven't called them yet". What! My monthly cost has recently been increased (now $53 + cents) so I'm considering changing provider.

I called to find out the exact date my contract would expire so I can prepare. I was on hold for 48 minutes before I could get an agent. Then I was told my renewed contract wasn't 2 yrs. but 3!

The agent who installed new wiring/cables told me 2 yrs. Now I have to wait til 12/18/17. The safe rep said that I just needed to call 30 days in advance to cancel. I decided to check Safe customer reviews and thank goodness!

According to reviews, some were told that in order to cancel, they needed to provide cancellation in writing. Some say, that they continued to be billed after sending a letter. Some said according to Safe, they never received their customer's letter, thus renewed. Am I feeling confident now?

Absolutely not!!! Can't wait to get rid of Safe.

I hope this site reaches many so that they can be forewarned! Do Not use Safe!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Safe Home Security Customer Care.

Preferred solution: I want out of my contract as soon as possible!!!.

I didn't like: Monthly bill, Lack of customer service, Secretive, Reliability, Service and treatmenr.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jul 25, 2016.

Comments